[WriteLog] Rotor Control w/XP; also Comport Issues

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rotor Control w/XP; also Comport Issues
From: don.wsixffh@verizon.net (Donald Eriksen)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 15:33:53 -0700
Al - Don't know the answer to question 1, but on #2, are you using WL
version 10.32E by any chance? If so are you aware of the mis-numbering of
com ports in the Port set-up window? Port numbers are off by one (they start
with zero in the table, but are really correct ) this is to be fixed in a
later version per Wayne. Everything works as set up before, but if you
change things you have to be aware. Com 0 in the table is really com 1 etc.
down the line. So, if you assign com 2 to the radio/CW per the setup Ports,
you're really trying to assign it to com 3 where the Rotator is. With this
in mind, you can probably see the other mis-alignments you have.

If you're not using 10.32E, then I've not helped you and wasted some
bandwidth. I hope that's the problem though, sure sounds likely.

Don W6FFH