[WriteLog] Field Day GOTA station? and satellite QSOs?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Field Day GOTA station? and satellite QSOs?
From: kg0us@swbell.net (dr)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:04:17 -0500
Hello,

I am trying to setup writelog for Field Day.  I came across the
following in the Help file:

"ARRL Field Day
If you are running WriteLog?s network and  are also running a
Novice/Technician station in this contest, then the Novice/Tech station
must use the letter N when it does the Setup Register To Accept network
Connections. QSOs logged on network letter N are only duped against
other QSOs logged with that same letter."

I thought that this would still work for the GOTA station as long as one
used separate sequence numbers for each station to keep track of the
GOTA 400 QSO limit.  However, I have tried doing the above on my two
computers without any luck. I get dupes when entering the same call on
the same band using the same mode that was logged on the other
computer.  Does the above feature still work?  If so, what magic do I
need to perform to get it to work?

Also, the guys want to somehow identify satellite QSO's.  Does anyone
have a neat way to do this?  Is it really necessary to separate out
several satellite QSO's?

Thanks in advance,

Dave KG0US