[WriteLog] WL not installed - a bit more

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL not installed - a bit more
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:55:53 +0100
Hi Jim, and all.........

I use WinZip to run this, and found that I cannot run the setup directly
from within WinZip.
I have to unzip the file to a temp directory, and then run setup.

I am running WIN98SE.

I also had a similar problem in getting the MMTTY plugin to see WL, but it
was OK once I had put it in a temp directory, and run it from there.
When I tried to install it from the CD-RW, it just told me that WL wasn't
installed.

I did do this accidentally, and realised what I had done, and didn't think
any more of it until I saw the email from David VK2DPD, and then I
remembered what had happened.

I can reproduce this error, so I assumed it was going to be common to
others.
I seem to recall reading something about this in the help files somewhere,
but I am darned if I can find it now!

It isn't a WL problem, but I am sure we will see the question asked again
before long!

73 to all,
Phil GU0SUP