[WriteLog] wireless XP?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] wireless XP?
From: ad6e@inreach.com (Alan Maenchen)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 03:18:13 -0000
My new laptop came with XP Pro  (grumble grumble gripe gripe!!)  It seems OK
except for the various failings that have already been discussed here. Its
only crashed 3 times in about 3 months . . .

I digress .. once I get grumbling about XP I tend to keep going ..

My home network consists of a very reliable Win98se machine, my DSL modem,
and my daughters' Apple connected via an Apple Airport device (IEEE
802.11b). Right now, only the Apple is connected by RF and the Win98 machine
and laptop are hardwired via a hub.  I just got an RF pcmcia card for the XP
laptop (Sony). It sees the network just fine, but it won't connect.
Connecting via RJ45 and the hub works fine. So far as I can tell, all the
Airport restrictions are turned off (such as encryption, passwords)

One thing I've noticed about XP is the help screens (do it like this:) don't
match reality .. not even close.

If I can figure this out it'll be great for our M/M efforts.

Any help?

Tks & 73,  Al  AD6E