[WriteLog] Maritime Mobile Stations in IARU Test?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Maritime Mobile Stations in IARU Test?
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:33:52 EDT
In a message dated 7/15/2002 6:16:11 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
n2nu@arrl.net writes:

> I worked three maritime mobile stations in the IARU test and logged them as
> xxnxxx/MM (e.g. SP2AVE/MM).  In all cases, these were logged as 0 point
> contacts in my version of WriteLog.  I cannot find any reference at all to
> MM stations in the rules, and I would think that these should be logged as
> 5 pointers since they were outside the continent and zone...  In one case
> the station gave me a new zone multiplier (which the program counts), even
> though it was still logged as 0 points!
>
> Clarification on the rules, anyone?

John,

Did you get an answer to your question about /mm stations.  We too worked two
/mm stations, and they were scored as 0 points by WL.  One was UT1FG/MM in
zone 46 which did count as a zone multiplier.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450