[WriteLog] FSK/Com port Interface

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FSK/Com port Interface
From: wa9als@starband.net (wa9als)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:26:20 -0500
BlankHello Group:

I decided to get the ol' solder iron out and build up a quick circuit to use
FSK with my 756pro.  When the rig is keyed I only get a solid carrier, no
tones.  Now the the circuit is simple and I have tripple checked my work.
I'm using a 2n2222 transistor and a 1K ohm resistor.

Is the 2n2222 enough to drive the rig?

Rich Thorne

---
BlankHello to you too Rich (HI)

The 2n2222 and 1K should work just fine, what I use with my PRO.  Tell us
more...

1.  Tx line of COM port, thru 1K, then to base of collector, right?
2.  Ground of COM port to emitter.
3.  Emitter to ACC ground.
4.  Collector to ACC FSK input.
5.  Rig in RTTY mode, probably need to be in REV in rig menu.
6.  WinRTTY in FSK Soundboard mode, or MMTTY in FSK mode.

How are you keying rig - Rig control via WL or PTT interface?

It sounds as if you're keying the rig into transmit, but either no FSK
signal or rig not in FSK mode.