[WriteLog] RTTY issues with MMTTY and DXP-38

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY issues with MMTTY and DXP-38
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:15:03 -0500
Doug,

Try this.  Open the RTTY window.  Then change the TU from MMTTY
to Dumb Terminal.  You may get a Rttyrite error.  Ignore it, close Rttyrite
if it doesn't close on it's own.  Restart Rttyrite.  Choose DXP38 as the TU.

This should work.

The MMTTY Plug-in for WriteLog is an added feature but is not part of
the WriteLog program.  It is still in "beta" form.  It seems to act differently
depending on operating system and other things.  I have problems with it
myself.  I did not write it but seem to have as much experience using it as
anyone and that is why I put what information I have obtained on my WriteLog
website at www.geocities.com/aa5au.

WHEN CHANGING FROM MMTTY TO ANOTHER TNC WITHIN
RTTYRITE, YOU WILL MOST LIKELY GET AN ERROR.  Don't worry
about it.  Click OK on the error message and let Rttyrite close.  Reopen it
and it should be set for the TNC you tried to select.

Also, when changing ports within the Rttyrite window and trying to change
out of MMTTY, you may be a "port not available" message.  Before changing
the TU to dumb terminal, try setting the port to None first.   You may get an
initialization error when you restart the Rttyrite window, but you can then
change
to the correct port and it should initialize OK.

I run dual receive on two radios - MMTTY and DXP-38 on each radio/computer.
There is information on how to run dual receive on the above URL.

73, Don AA5AU

73, Don AA5AU