[WriteLog] Multi Single set up (fwd)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Multi Single set up (fwd)
From: dallasdawg@earthlink.net (Matthew Burke)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:36:40 -0700
Bob,

You are doing nothing wrong.  WL is basically "broke" when it comes to serial
numbers and M/S and M/2 setups.  This is mainly due to the work Wayne did to
keep dupe serials from occuring on single op and SO2R setups.  I am hoping
someday Wayne will come up with a solution for this....it will be a tough one.

Fortunately, many contests are changing their rules for M/S and M/2 setups (CQ
WPX is one).  They are changing to where each radio keeps a separate serial
number list. This obviously eliminates the WL "issue" you speak of, and WL
handles this very well.

However, for any contest using serial numbers and requires you to track
serials on all bands as one list, then WL will still be a problem.

73,

Matt - N5KR