[WriteLog] Jumping SWR problem with WL resolved

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Jumping SWR problem with WL resolved
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:29:15 -0500
After Wayne gave us the patch for networking in WAE, I fired
up the 2nd radio/amp.  I noticed that the SWR was jumping way
up occasionally on that setup.  I checked with my other radio/amp
and there was no problems with the antennas.  I bypassed all
switches and replaced RF cables one by one on the 2nd radio.
Nothing fixed it.

I remember setting up WL for NAQP last weekend and the setting
for PTT delay was 30 on the 2nd radio and 50 on the 1st radio.
For grins I changed the CW PTT delay to 50 ms on the 2nd radio
and the SWR stopped jumping all around.  Apparently the CW was
getting to the amp before it was fully keyed causing weird stuff to
happen.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog