[WriteLog] Modification of PC keying

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Modification of PC keying
From: k5zd@charter.net (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:14:47 -0000
Yes, you can do both!

You can add a dot length space in recorded messages using the <^> character.

>From the help file:
^       dot-length space (the caret is upper case 6 on U.S. keyboards)

To change the relationship of length of dots and dashes, use the weight
function.

Also from the help file (INI Configuration section):

The option lines named "cwwt00" through "cwwt04" control the five CW
weighting settings of the CW keyer. A value of 128 corresponds to an equal
length dot and its following space. For values above 128, each unit adds 512
usec to the length of a dot and subtracts the same amount from the length of
the following space. Values below 128 make the dot shorter and the space
longer. Setting these numbers such that the weighting exceeds the length of
a dot (outside the range 83 to 173 for 50WPM) will prevent the keyer from
being able to transmit code correctly.

cwwt00=113
cwwt01=123
cwwt02=128