[WriteLog] old computer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] old computer
From: jurgen.geldhof@skynet.be (Jurgen Geldhof)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:32:48 +0200
Hi Tom,

I had good results with the following :

I have 1 PC which can boot from CD.  When I want to install a HD with W98 I
take out the HD from this PC and I put in the one I want to install.  After
booting from the original W98 CD I install W98 on this HD.

After the installation is complete (on the wrong pc), I take out the HD and
put it in the 'old' PC.

When booting up the 'old' PC, W98 says a few times it has found new hardware
but the plug & play (mostly) takes care of that.

This way I avoid to have to look for the correct DOS drivers for the
CD-drive etc.

Maybe this will work for you too ?

73

Jo  ON5MF