[WriteLog] TUNE command suggestions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] TUNE command suggestions
From: bob@cytanet.com.cy (Bob Henderson)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:33:53 -0000
You misunderstand me Jim.  There is no way I would wish to discourage you or
any casual operator.  Many, many people enjoy contesting but just don't have
the time to commit for the full event.  I would like to see those folks
encouraged to participate just as much as they are able.  BUT I don't think
the functionality of contest software should be limited to merely meeting
the desires of the Sunday afternoon operator.

For some, contests are activity events that they enjoy when they can find a
few spare hours.  There is nothing whatsoever wrong with that.  For others
they are competitions in which people strive to enhance their operating
capability and to win.  Whether that means win outright, win a section or
merely improve performance against that achieved last time, it doesn't
really matter; those folks are entering competitively and want software
which facilitates competitive edge.

73

Bob 5B4AGN, P3F, ZC4ZM