[WriteLog] Multi-port serial card woes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Multi-port serial card woes
From: ab2e@hotmail.com (Darrell Neron)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:11:07 -0400
Greetings BRad....
Well....Writelog uses multiple serial ports...so it's on topic so far as I'm
concerned.
Don't do anything rash such as a complete reinstall of Windows. I don't
believe that is necessary.
Try the following(I use Win98 SE, so it may be a little different on XP):
Go to Control Panel
Click on System
Click on Device Manager
Click on Ports(com+LPT)
You should see a list of the COM1 through COM11
Highlight each one and click remove.
This will clean up your comport mess.
Click OK on your way out from those windows, then reboot.
Upon rebooting, your card should be detected, and will be assigned the next
COM # above any serial ports which happen to be part of the motherboard(such
as COM1 COM2 typically).
Go in and look at the port assignments after rebooting.
It should now have reassigned lower COM numbers to your card.
Hope this helps
73 Darrell AB2E

To: <writelog@contesting.com>