[WriteLog] SARTG Scores and Cabrillo File

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SARTG Scores and Cabrillo File
From: realbill@w5bbr.com (Bill Holbert Sr.)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:52:45 +0000
Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

> The scoring is correct.  For JA, VK, VE & USA, call areas are considered
> "countries", so working a station outside your call area will result in 10
> points.
> Working a station within your own call area is worth 5 points.

Don, as I read the rules the call areas outside of your own count as
multipliers but scoring
is as follows:

                                 QSO with own country, 5 points.
                                 QSO with other countries in own continent, 10
points.
                                 QSO with other continents, 15 points.

Scoring with WT4I tools is in accordance with the above scoring and not as
Writelog scored
it.

> I think Cabrillo is new to SARTG.  It's not required (yet) and perhaps Wayne
> can make it available for SARTG in the future.  You can use WT4I Cabrillo
> Converter to convert your WL log to Cabrillo.  I plan on doing so.

Regards, Bill, W5BBR