Fw: [WriteLog] Hello Writelog!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [WriteLog] Hello Writelog!
From: bob@cytanet.com.cy (Bob Henderson)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:09:53 -0000
Hi Bill

Writelog is an excellent contest program.  I don't believe a better Windows
based contest program exists.  Certain problems do arise from time to time,
which at their root are Windows problems.  Those of us who want to operate
in a Windows environment believe the time necessary to work around these
problems is time worth spending.

Contesting is not a definitive art and contest technique will continue to
develop.  Wayne has done many things over the years to provide leading edge
functionality to contesters using Writelog.  I am sure he will continue to
add yet more powerful options and capabilities in future releases, informed
by the wishes and experience of dedicated contesters.

I used CT for many years before switching to Writelog and I have never had
cause to regret my decision to change.  Of course, I had to make a
commitment to play Writelog to its strengths and to avoid treating it as CT
for Windows.  You must be certain to free yourself from the shackles of your
previous contest software experience to truly enjoy the capabilities of
Writelog.

Documentation isn't perfect but it isn't so bad either.  I found I didn't
need to refer to it too much to get up and running in my first Writelog
contest.  After that first contest with Writelog, I was hooked well enough
to want to find out more.

I recommend you pitch in.  You will soon find what a delight Writelog is.
Like most things worthwhile, it will take an investment in your time to get
the best out of it.  So you should play with it for a while before you try
to use it in earnest.

I am sure you'll have a lot of fun.

73

Bob 5B4AGN, P3F, ZC4ZM