[WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:04:48 +0200
Hello,

I had no trouble using writelog with a SERIELL-USB adapter with my Toshiba
notebook. We used it in contest for connection to the Radio port to a TS870.

The only thing, we had to configure the comport as COM3 ( Port 2 was using
by the internal modem). Win 98 had no trouble to find the adapter after
installing
the driver disk. Dont know exact the type, but UC-232 was on the case.

So for a price of around 30 $ its much cheaper than a PCMCIA-Seriell
adapter.

73 Wil DJ7AA