[WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help - USB Port Setup
From: jbrannig@optonline.net (Jim Brannigan)
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 06:03:51 -0400
Ken,
At one time I used a Belkin USB port with writelog for rig control.
The details are now hazy, but I did not have any problem with the setup
(desktop computer).

A COM port was assigned when the USB driver was installed and I simply
picked the appropriate COM port within W/L.  The operation was OK, but I
discontinued using it in favor of a serial card. (RFI problems)

The USB port is now in use on another computer with a Palm Pilot interface.
The same procedure was used,  pick a COM port with the driver setup and
select the same COM port within the Palm software.

Neither software package was "aware" that a USB device is in use.  It looks
like another COM port.
Jim