[WriteLog] Clariification from W6OTC Contest Manager

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Clariification from W6OTC Contest Manager
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:39:53 -0500
No disrespect Steve, but the point is moot.  The contest manager says NB and
NS count as separate multipliers and has not responded to my question "Are there
14 VE multipliers?"

Glenn told me that the wording of the rules as far as "Canadian area" was not
meant
to be construed as Canadian Call Area.  The  reason (I'm guessing here) they
don't
say that Canadian provinces are multipliers is because NWT is a territory and
not a
province.  So they could have said "13 Canadian provinces plus NWT (VE8) for a
total
of 14 Canadian multipliers per band", but they didn't.

I'm set up for 14 VE multipliers.  If a VY0 shows up, it will make it
interesting.  Maybe
someone needs to go there for grins.  I would, but as we say in Louisiana "You
can't get there
from here".

73, Don AA5AU