[WriteLog] Dumb Terminal Mode for RTTY, question.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dumb Terminal Mode for RTTY, question.
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 01:28:26 +0000
Dumb terminal mode generates 5-bit baudot and applies it to the TxD line of
the chosen port on TX and expects a demodulated 5-bit receive signal on the
same port's RxD line.

You can use a basic TU like the St-6000 with it - I have done so by making
sure my ST-6 TU's output was compatible, voltage-wise, with  "RS-232" (I
limited the signal coming out of the TU to +/- 6V or so). Also, the
conventional FSK keying circuit using an optoisolator works on the TX side
of it.

Jerry W4UK