[WriteLog] rtty duty cycles

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] rtty duty cycles
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:56:25 -0500
I realized that MMTTY had a feature of time stamping.
It prints a time stamp at the beginning and end of each transmission.
They are visible on the screen and saved in the log. (if you have logging
enabled)
Below is an except of that log with what my normal xmit/listen time
sequences.
These are not contest style intervals exactly but can give me a idea of duty
cycles.

<020911 02:10:10 TX>

 CQ CQ CQ DE W9OL W9OL W9OL
 CQ CQ CQ DE W9OL W9OL W9OL PSE K
<020911 02:10:23 RX>

<020911 02:10:46 TX>

 CQ CQ CQ DE W9OL W9OL W9OL
 CQ CQ CQ DE W9OL W9OL W9OL PSE K
<020911 02:10:59 RX>
 <020911 02:11:21 TX>

 CQ CQ CQ DE W9OL W9OL W9OL
 CQ CQ CQ DE W9OL W9OL W9OL PSE K
<020911 02:11:34 RX>

I would expect that someone in a serious run would far exceed these
intervals.

Some people say less is more, No. More is more, and too much is never
enough.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com
www.billnjudy.com