[WriteLog] Time/date problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Time/date problem
From: k4jrb@juno.com (Dave L Thompson)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:29:04 -0400
I was setting up my test files for the SAC, Oceania, and CQ WW and find
that on this W98 PC the time and date are not kept when the machine is
off.  I had the PC apart and looked on the motherboard and don't see a
battery which I assume
is supposed to keep the time and date running.   This is the first PC I
have every found with this problem and I still have
a 286/16 PC with NA 6 (from 1991) that keeps perfect time.

I looked at the settings and did change the PC from on all the time to
home use on and off but no change.  Its a pain to keep setting the time
and date or having to leave it on for an entire weekend.

Any ideas?

73 Dave K4JRB