[WriteLog] usb

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] usb
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:26:47 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/2002 5:26:30 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
pa7ra@home.nl writes:

> hello Im want to work with Wl and a laptop but this laptop have no
> serialport
> can I'm use the USB port  for transmit  to mine tranceiver ???
> have someone experience of this ??

You have two options for obtaining a serial port on a laptop:

1.)  Use a USB-to-Serial adaptor.  These are manufactued by several
companies.  In the States, Belkin is a good brand.  Cost is about $US90.

I tried one of these on a laptop, but WL did not recognize the Comm port.

2.)  Use a PCMCIA Serial card.  I don't know the manufacturers or cost.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450