[WriteLog] CW messages and cursor control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW messages and cursor control
From: k6rb@baymoon.com (K6RB)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:44:50 -0700
According to the WriteLog "help" text, if you program a %3 in a message
exchange, WriteLog is supposed to send "enough T characters" to equal that
number of digits you want in the serial number. Thus, I would expect it to
send " T T 1" on the first QSO, and so on. However, my WriteLog sends " 0 0
1." If I put in %N3, I get the same result. The difference is significant as
the time required to send five rather than one "dah" is much greater. Is
this an error in the help text, or "cockpit" error?

Also, with regard to the default entry window for ARRL SS CW, the cursor
defaults to the CALL field, so that when you are ready to copy the info, you
have to move the cursor back to the NR field. I've been using the mouse to
do this but is there a key stroke that moves the cursor back to the first in
the string of fields?

Rob K6RB