[WriteLog] Re: WL packet terminal question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: WL packet terminal question
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:56:21 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/2002 3:50:23 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
hornbach@bellsouth.net writes:

> How do I go about receiving spots with Writelog?
> I have never connected to any kind of 'cluster' before and have
> no software other than WL and windoz95.

It is super easy!  But first, your Windows machine must have Internet access.

1.)  In WL, open the Packe Window.  (Window I Packet Window menu)
2.)  In the WriteLog Packet Terminal window, go to File I Telnet.
3.)  Enter a telnet address.  Here are the ones I use:
       IP Address              Port
       kh2d.tzo.com          5995
       k4fcg.dyndns.com   5995
       dxc.aa2mf.net             23

4.)  You should immediatel receive a Enter Your Call prompt.  Enter your
call, and you should be connected.  The command sh/dx/20 should bring up the
20 latest spots which will appear in the WL Packet Spots window.

Let me know if you need help.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC