[WriteLog] RE: Writelog and Icom rig / IC-2KL Combo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Writelog and Icom rig / IC-2KL Combo
From: don@hfradio.com (Don Melcher)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:58:07 -0700
The 2KL, AT500, 4KL or EX627 (antenna switch) all use band data from the
ACC2 jack on your 756pro - so you won't have to do ANYTHING different
then you do without the 2KL. It is an 0 - 8 volts analog voltage output
that is sensed by the device. The PW1 uses the CI-V interface line -
completely different method.

You will need, however, an adapter & cable to go from the 24 "molex"
style connector on the 2KL to the 7 pin din jack on the 756 - something
like an OPC137, 138 or some number like that - and that adapter is no
longer available from Icom - I have a couple of them that I use with my
751A - no, I don't want to sell one - sorry.

There was 2 styles - either would work - one was 24 Pin male (plugs into
the 2KL) with din jacks - made ACC1 and ACC2 out of the 24 pin  - and
then a 7 pin DIN x 7 pin DIN cable to your 756, or the other had a 7 & 8
pin male DIN converted ACC1 and ACC2 to the 24 pin jack, and then the
cable that came with the 2KL. Of course - if you can come up with the 24
pin connector - you can always home-brew a cable. The same cable also
carries ALC and SEND signals to the amp.

Don
W6ZO

Message: 7