[WriteLog] Win2K and voice keying

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Win2K and voice keying
From: kq3f@comcast.net (Joe Stepansky)
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 23:07:47 -0400
Either I'm really dense or, or.....I don't know.  I'm trying to figure out
how to do voice keying, but am restricted to a COM port, which means I
can't do PTT.  I'm using an IC-765, and can't figure out what I should be
doing.  Have been to the Writelog support section, visited a number of the
links there, and am more confused than when I started.  Have checked the
list archives and haven't found anything relevant.

In the ideal case, is anyone using voice keying to an IC-765 and a serial
port with Writelog?  Or am I simply missing something basic?

Or should I just forget the homebrewing and just go with a commercial
solution?  Sorry for the questions, but I'm really, really, confused at
this point about what does what to whom.

73, Joe KQ3F