[WriteLog] Windows ME, WriteLog & Com Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows ME, WriteLog & Com Ports
From: dl6jz@t-online.de (Dr. Wolf-E. Gruening)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:22:14 -0000
Hello Don,

i am not sure that I can help but I'll try.

I am running WriteLog 10.32 to 10.36 with an FT-1000MP almost without
problems in the rig control. The only problem is that PTT through the rig
control port does not work.

You wrote that WriteLog says "No Rig!". There are onle three causes for this
behaviour:

1. No cable, wrong cable, COM-Port of Your laptop or FT-1000MP has crashed.
    Are You sure that You use a 1:1 serial cable and not a
null-modem-cable??

2. WriteLog is configuered for the wrong COM-Port.
    I do not understand what that means "WriteLog always hooks up to COM
4."?
    But it does not sound good!

3. The data speed of Your FT-1000MP and of WriteLog/Setup/Ports don't match.
    The settings in the Windows device manager are not important at all.
    My WriteLog settings are Auto, Poll, Yes

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ