[WriteLog] Re: out of band

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: out of band
From: amckay@rabun.net (McKay)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 07:43:28 -0400
My problem with working 40 meters SSB split has been solved.  Specifically,
while working the CQWW SSB contest I was listening from 7020 to 7100khz and
had other VFO set up in phone band. DX stations can and do work in what is
the CW sideband in the States. They call CQ, give their call and then a
Listening Freq. That is the story of split operation on 40 meters. My
problem was that when I would work a guy split on 40 and hit enter, there
would be a B beside the serial number, meaning it was an out-band-contact
and did not count. A couple of guys tried to help me, AA4NU, Billy, and
K6RB, Rob. I finally found a way to solve it that  I could understand.
       I won't go into the solution details here, but if you are having the
same problem, e-mail me and I will give you the solution that worked for me.
If there are enough people who want the info, I could put it here.
good luck in the contest and may the WriteLog Force be with you.
73, Archie, K4GA