[WriteLog] IcomForceSplit and M2 comments

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IcomForceSplit and M2 comments
From: eric@k3na.org (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:54:22 -0500
Can't fix all of your comments, but Ctl-P will always take you back to the QSO
Entry window ... and your cursor goes to the last
position when you left the QSO Entry window (on purpose or accidentally).

CT uses some "word commands", entered as callsigns in its equivalent of the QSO
Entry window, to change operators: "OPON" will pop
up a window to fill in the call of the new op.  This would be a nice feature in
WL but, frankly, how often is one changing
operators?  Yes, it takes a couple of keystrokes (Ctl-N to go to the main log
window, and then a few Alt-keys to get to the operator
change window)... or a mouse movement... but it hardly seems like a major
slowdown in productivity.

I record my "special announcement" CQ messages in the F6, F7 etc memories.  It
avoids erasing my normal CQ message in F1/F11...
which is important for an SO2R operation.  The messages can be recorded at any
time using Shift-Function key to record (e.g.,
Shift-F1) and Escape to stop the recording.  And you're making the recording
while live, on the air, so it's guaranteed to have the
punch and excitement level and pace that you want at that moment in the contest.

-- Eric K3NA