[WriteLog] WX5D KEYER

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WX5D KEYER
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:45:12 -0600
For the CW connection between the keyer and an FT-1000, you
want to use a mono cable rather than stereo if you use
a store-bought cable. The keyer outputs are isolated from ground
on a stereo jack. If you plug in a mono cable, it provides
a ground connection.

A stereo cable (on the keyer end) with a mono connect on the rig end
isolate the keyer ground, but you have to solder your
own connection. But unless you find a problem with a ground loop,
the mono cable is fine.

More info here:
http://www.writelog.com/SO2R/w5xd_multikeyer.htm#CableDocumentation

Wayne