[WriteLog] Creating .txt Files for Export to DX4WIN

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Creating .txt Files for Export to DX4WIN
From: flgrossman@earthlink.net (Frank Grossman (WB2BXO))
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:28:53 -0500
Tried to export my Writelog Ver. 10.26B files for the recent contest
weekends to DX4WIN and got stuck at Step One.  Specifically, I pulled up my
CQ WW CW log, went to Contest:Save As... entered a file name, clicked ok,
then got the message "can't open ASCII output file."  Same thing happened
for my CQWW SSB log, and the results for Sweepstakes were even worse.
Clicked contest and saw no Save As option.  What am I missing?

One odd thing I noticed is that when I got the Save As window for the CQ WW
logs, there was nothing in the "file type" dialog box--nothing in the
dropdown.  Shouldn't ".txt" be displayed as the file type?

Any idea what's going on?  Have I lost one of those pesky .DLL files or
something like that?

Frank
wb2bxo@arrl.net