[WriteLog] MPEG

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MPEG
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 08:04:51 -0500
Like Bob, my mpeg compression works fine in WriteLog under WinXP.  If yours
is not, it's possible that you installed some audio-related software on your
system and the associated codec was improperly registered and that's what
your mpeg record settings are pointing to.  In any event, Microsoft has a
decent article on adding and removing codecs at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q142731

You might try adding all default codecs, etc. as described in the article.
Or perhaps bumping up the priority of the Windows Media Audio codec as
described in my last post.  Or uninstalling some questionable audio
software.

Please let the reflector know if you are successful in fixing it.

GL/73,

Barry N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg

To: <writelog@contesting.com>