[WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AUTOSAVE - SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR SERIOUS CONTESTERS!
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 11:31:52 -0600
I did a search in the Writelog archive.  Does the following answer the
question?

**
For autosave, WL only offers one configuration option: you can tell it the
maximum number of QSOs that can be in the log since the last "File Save".
When WL reaches that maximum, when you log the next QSO WL will do a File
Save for you in addition to logging the new QSO.

This is not documented very well in the help file: In writelog.ini, you can
edit (or add) the line for AutoSaveCount

[CONFIGURATION]
AutoSaveCount=20

If you set it to -1, WL won't ever auto-save when you log a QSO.
When WL gets beyond 20 QSOs since the last save, it puts a message
in the area normally reseverved for the result of a dupe check that says
"X QSOs since last save". You can't control this message.

**