[WriteLog] CW Interfacing

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Interfacing
From: tom@k4nr.org (Tom Branch)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:02:06 -0600
Kelly,

Does the 817 have two key ports?  My current setup uses LPT2 and a home-brew
keyer to send CW from the straight key port on the Icom.  The paddles remain
connected to the paddle port and use the internal keyer.  Not a bad setup
except the speed of the paddle has to be adjust to match Writelog if I
change speed.  I'm trying to break myself of grabbing the paddle and using
ALT-K to bring up the CW Keyboard.  I'm not there yet!

GL es 73 de Tom, K4NR