[WriteLog] rig control and ci-v addresses

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] rig control and ci-v addresses
From: irwin.darack@bms.com (Irwin C Darack)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:41:07 -0500
Steve,

If you are using an Icom CI-V box that let's you control more
than one radio, my understanding  is that Writelog does not
support the use of the Icom multiple CI-V box. I have run in to
the same problem when using both my Icom 746 and Icom 706
connect to the Icom CI-V box. What happens is that both the
radios track together.  The solution has been to have each radio
connected to a different com port on the computer.  When
individually connecting my 706's and 746's to Writelog, I have
found that the baud rate is as  important as the address. Even
though the baud rate in Writelog is set for Autodetect, I have
found that a slower baud rate is always better. 4800 seems to
work fine for Icom radios and is fast enough for the Writelog.

I hope this helps, Irwin KD3TB