[WriteLog] ptt resistance (part 2)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ptt resistance (part 2)
From: sjwoodr@yahoo.com (Steve Woodruff)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 22:04:19 -0800 (PST)
Ok - just when you thought this thread was dead.
Using WL as my voice keyer... and as of last
night i thought all was good.  I changed the
circuit to be 1k ohm into a 2n2222.  When WL
plays the ssb message, the rig trips into TX
and back to RX after the message is done.  Ok.
Now today i tested it with the amp on.  Oops.
The amp goes into TX mode as soon as i turn
it on -- and only goes off when i remove the
PTT cord that i built for WriteLog (RTS from
cw/serial port).

I measure ~1450 ohms resistance when the PTT
is *NOT* tripped -- its not enough to keep
the ic706 in TX mode, but is that enough to
trip the amp into TX?  Maybe so.  I will try
to substitute a 2.2k ohm resistor for that
1k resistor and see if it helps.  I did have
a 4.7k resistor before -- but then i couldn't
even get the rig to TX via this ptt line.

any suggestions from those WL users who've
gone through this before appreciated!

tnx

/steve n9oh