[WriteLog] CW PTT troubles

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW PTT troubles
From: dl6jz@t-online.de (dl6jz@t-online.de)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:34:35 +0100 (CET)
Hi Luca,

your description of the problem is quite short. So I am not sure that
my response would meet your problem.

Some weeks ago I built one LPT-interface for CW-keying and PTT-control.
First I tried this with 2 optocouplers, one for CW and one for PTT. But
it didn't work correct. After some hours of "try an error" I discovered
that it could be a problem for the LPT-port to  supply current enough
for the optocouplers. The PTT-pin of the LPT-port didn't switch when
the optocoupler was connected but switched very fine when there was no
load. So I built the interface with transistors and had to keep care
that the resistors in the basis-lines of the transistors are big
enough, so that the LPT-pins are not overloaded.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ