[WriteLog] Soundcard output attenuator ?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard output attenuator ?
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 18:58:46 -0500
> I seem to recall a suggested attenuator for the line out from the sound
card
> to the mic input.  I checked the Writelog and also K9JY help files for
> interfacing and do not believe it is there.
>
> I have just too much audio out from the card with the software control
> cranked down.
>
> Any suggestions?

I was looking at cables at RS and noticed an interesting one.  1/8 inch mono
plug on each end.  It was labeled something like "attenuator" cable for mic
inputs.  Must be some sort of extra-resistive wire??  I bought one to try,
but I haven't had a chance yet.  With the adapter for Heil mics on my rig,
this cable would simply plug straight into the soundcard and rig's Heil
adaptor.  Would be cool if it worked, but it's an unknown still.  When I get
around to trying it, I'll report.  73