[WriteLog] Mic use

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Mic use
From: w5xd@writelog.com (Wayne Wright)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 02:17:04 -0000
The
> question is: Using the mic connected to the sound board's mic
> in connector,
> do I need to use VOX ON on the rig? I have the impression
> that Writelog
> should key the rig also in this case.

In the configuration you describe, WriteLog will not assert
the rig's PTT unless you press an F key to start a recorded
transmission. If you want to speak into the mic to start a
transmission, WriteLog configures the sound board to
route the audio directly from its Mic input to its Line output
(that's what "Echo Microphone" means in Tools Sound board),
but otherwise WL does not get involved with the PTT--you'll
need the rig on VOX.

Wayne