[WriteLog] NWT multiplier

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NWT multiplier
From: k5na@texas.net (Richard L. King)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:59:14 +0000
A number of you have responded that the correct multiplier is YT. That is
already understood here.

However, VY0AAA sent "NWT" and that is what I entered as his exchange. I
can't go back and start changing the data in the exchange fields because
then my log would be an inaccurate reproduction of what I copied.

I know that the correct multiplier designation is "YT/NWT" for the ARRL SS
and either entry should count for this multiplier.

The best help came from VE7XB who made me aware of the namesmul.ini file.

I was able to edit this file in the "SS-Alias" section and add the line
entry "NWT=YT". This removed the "?" in the mult column of the real-time
Writelog log entries and changed the Cabrillo file from "XXXX" to "YT".

There was already an entry of "NW=YT" in namesmul.ini and I think that it
is an oversight that "NWT=YT" wasn't there.

Now my only concern is whether I will lose the QSO at the ARRL because
VY0AAA sent "NWT" and my Cabrillo file says I copied "YT". I think I will
have to edit the Cabrillo file and change it to the correct "NWT" before
sending it in.

I believe I now have a program change requirement for Wayne to make either
YT or NWT enter correctly and count either of them them as the YT
multiplier. And that the Cabrillo should show either YT or NWT depending on
which was entered.

This can be one of those when he gets-around-to-it fixes.

73, Richard

k5na@texas.net