[WriteLog] Packet terminal setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet terminal setup
From: kc0czi@mchsi.com (Kevin Brown)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:36:39 -0600
I had a friend call me about setting up a TNC connected to a com port
for his packet cluster operations for the ARRL 160 test.

I personally don't have a local packet cluster nearby (have to use
DxTelnet) so I'm clueless.  I've scanned through the K9JY site and
couldn't get enough detail to make it work.

Could someone point me to a place where I could find some detail on
setting up a packet comm port - including any modification(s) to the
writelog.ini and setup->ports section?

He's new to Writelog and is using a KPC9612 for access to the
packetcluster on VHF.

I'll basically copy/paste your response to Dennis.