[WriteLog] usb to serial

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] usb to serial
From: sjwoodr@dls.net (Steve Woodruff)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:46:47 -0600
Mike (or anyone else...) --

Do you ever use the "sleep" function of Windoze 98/ME/XP ?
I have the byterunner 2-port PCI serial card and it works just
fine for both rig control and cw keying.  However, if i put the
computer into "sleep", when it comes back out of sleep mode
the serial ports seem to be disabled.  There is no indication from
windows that the ports are disabled other than the fact that the
ports are dead.  Rebooting the box solves the problem.

So my question is -- do you use the sleep function, and if you do,
can the usb-serial adapters survive coming out of sleep mode?

tnx

Steve, N9OH