[WriteLog] DX prefix problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DX prefix problem
From: gbrown1@unl.edu (Gregory Brown)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:04:27 -0600
It's really a lot simpler to deal with than most folks seem to think.

After the QSO has been entered and you notice it shows the wrong "country",
simply double-click the "Prefix" field for that QSO in the log window and
change it to whatever the correct country prefix is for the country.  For
Antarctica, for example, my country file expects CE9.  Change it, hit enter,
and voila, proper country info.

With the recent behavior of the FCC in issuing special calls (K5K for
example), it is really important to remember this simple fix.  No computer
program can be expected to deal with every instance of illogic that humans
can apply, and I'd hate to risk points by assuming the log-checking/scoring
software will catch the problem.

Greg KT0K