[WriteLog] MM and scoring

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MM and scoring
From: k4jrb@juno.com (Dave L Thompson)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:42:58 -0500
I tried to respond to to this station directly but he has some type of
screener on....sorry for the bandwidth.

Greg,

I am certain the contest checking software is looking for something to
indicate MM in the call and R1,2, or 3
in the exchange.   K8CC writes the ARRL software.  I see no reason why
YL1XX/MMR1 and R1 or YL1XX/MM would not work OK.  This is one of those
gray areas where the logging authors and contest checking authors are not
on the same page.

The reduction in score is caused by UBNs....mostly Not in log and busts.
Depends on the penalty which is usually 3 contacts for either.  Make 100
NILs or busts out of 1200 contacts and lose 300 contacts.

73 Dave K4JRB