[WriteLog] Fw: Quick SS log checker question.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fw: Quick SS log checker question.
From: jbrannig@optonline.net (Jim Brannigan)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:19:55 -0500
Ed,
No, there is no way out of it or some of the other potential problems.

The ARRL might want to review their "penalty" rules.  The current rules were
developed for paper logs.  These paper logs were sampled by the checkers and
any discrepancy was penalized.

In a computerized environment each log record and field is checked.  They
might want to recognize that "software errors" are possible and allow for
some less stringent checking.  They could configure their software to allow
a certain percentage of field errors before imposing a penalty.

Jim