[WriteLog] namedmul.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] namedmul.ini
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:08:00 +0000
Wayne, et al

Here are the changes that I am making for the Roundup. I thought I had made
these changes for TARA and they were ok for Roundup since they seem to use
same tables. But I see the latest upgrade to 10.37B overwrote the file.

1. The states section is ok with the 48 states. But since the District of
Columbia is also a multiplier I need to add "DC=3"

2. In the Provinces section the two letter postal codes should be used for
the 10 provinces and three territories with two exceptions - The Roundup
rules use "PEI" instead of the correct "PE" and the province of
Newfoundland and Labrador is split into Newfoundland "NF" and Labrador "LB".

3. Under States-Alias I would add "MDC=DC" since that is the section and
"WDC" is rarely used.

4. Under Province-Alias I remove all the "VE1" etc alias since they are not
reports.  But they could be left in if they point to the correct value in
the Province section, eg "VO1=NF". If you choose to leave the "calls" in
the list remember there are VA2, CY9, etc that must be added to be
complete. The real issue here is that I don't think Writelog will allow a
mixed alpha-numeric in the QTH field anyway.

5. I then add -

PE=PEI
NFLD=NF
LAB=LB
YU=YT
YUK=YT
NWT=NT

and change the "QU=PQ" to "QU=QC"

The completed corrections for the Roundup follows -

-----------------------------------

[RTYRNDUP-STATES]
CT=1
MA=1
ME=1
NH=1
RI=1
VT=1
NJ=2
NY=2
DE=3
MD=3
PA=3
DC=3
AL=4
FL=4
GA=4
KY=4
NC=4
SC=4
TN=4
VA=4
AR=5
LA=5
MS=5
NM=5
OK=5
TX=5
CA=6
AZ=7
ID=7
MT=7
NV=7
OR=7
UT=7
WA=7
WY=7
MI=8
OH=8
WV=8
IL=9
IN=9
WI=9
CO=0
IA=0
KS=0
MN=0
MO=0
NE=0
ND=0
SD=0

[RTYRNDUP-PROVINCES]
NF=1
NB=1
NS=1
PEI=1
LB=1
QC=2
ON=3
MB=4
SK=5
AB=6
BC=7
NT=8
YT=8
NU=8

[RTYRNDUP-STATES-ALIAS]
OKLA=OK
CN=CT
CON=CT
MAI=ME
DL=DE
WDC=DC
MDC=DC
KTY=KY
TEN=TN
LOU=LA
MIS=MS
TEX=TX
ARI=AZ
MON=MT
NEV=NV
WS=WI
IO=IA
KA=KS
MIN=MN

[RTYRNDUP-PROVINCES-ALIAS]
PQ=QC
QU=QC
ONT=ON
NFLD=NF
LAB=LB
PE=PEI
MAN=MB
SA=SK
ALT=AB
ALB=AB
YU=YT
YUK=YT
NWT=NT

This general strategy applies to all the contests that use States and
Provinces/Territories. The noise comes from how Hawaii, Alaska, DC, and the
Northeastern and Northwestern parts of Canada. Each contests seems to do
slightly different as has been reflected by some of the email on this list
this year.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net