[WriteLog] RTTY RU one more time

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY RU one more time
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 07:40:53 -0600
To the ARRL, it doesn't matter.  The Cabrillo log will not be able to
differentiate
between RTTY and PSK.

However, WriteLog does log which mode is used.  If you look in the very far
right
hand column of the log window, it will say either "45Bd" for 45 baud RTTY or
"BPSK" for PSK.

Historically, PSK has not been nearly as popular as RTTY in this contest.  A
couple
of years ago I set up to include PSK to try to increase my score but it never
happened.
There is so much RTTY activity that PSK seems a waste of time since PSK is not
a very good contesting mode anyway.

Operate PSK if you like, the ARRL won't care if the contact is RTTY or PSK since
you can only contact the same station once per band regardless of mode.

73 & CU there (on RTTY)
Don AA5AU