[WriteLog] ARRL RTTY Roundup - State/Provinces Multiplier Unknown - SOLV

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL RTTY Roundup - State/Provinces Multiplier Unknown - SOLVED
From: ki6dy@sbcglobal.net (ki6dy)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:20:57 -0600
Thanks to all that replied regarding my problem with my Multiplier Unknown
problem. It all turns out to be a dumb mistake on my part but the solution
may save someone else the frustration I had. It all stems from installing
Writelog on a new computer.

Thought I would save myself some time by backing up writelog.ini prior to
the new install and then replacing the default one after the install. I
wanted  my screen configuration, radio and tnc set-ups preserved. Problem
was I named the new install directory simply "C:\Writelog" but the old .ini
file that I used to replace the default had  "C:\Writelog10.27"  in several
places (data file location, multiplier location, audio recording etc). I
renamed all occurence of "Writelog10.27" in writelog.ini with "writelog" and
now everything seems to work. C:Writelog10.27 is the default installation
directory, I should have never changed it. Of course another solution would
be to just rename the C:\Writelog directory to C:\Writelog10.27 .

What really threw me for a loop is that all worked well for WAE RTTY.
Obviously mults there are not calculated using any file that resides in
"C:\Writelog10.27".

Again, thanks for your suggestions.

Bob (KI6DY)