[WriteLog] WriteLog, shared IRQs and COM ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog, shared IRQs and COM ports
From: w3yy@cox.net (Robert Peterson)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:03:07 -0000
Eric -  I want to echo Clive's comments.  Although I can't remember a
specific IRQ sharing experience involving WriteLog, I do remember many
instances when I noticed IRQ's were being shared.  The computer always
handled it without any problems.  I'm assuming that systems that allow IRQ
sharing have some way of telling which device requested the interrupt and
activate the appropriate interrupt handler.  The actual IRQ number is not
the limiting factor that it used to be.  73, Bob - W3YY