[WriteLog] Dumb Mistake

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dumb Mistake
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:04:09 -0800
On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:37:23 +0000, Ralph Fedor wrote:

>I was preparing the cabrillo file from my NAQP log in WriteLog.  The little
>window popped-up asking for my name.  Before thinking, I typed in my first
>AND last name and hit return.  Now my first and last name shows up in the
>cabrillo file.  How do I create a new cabrillo file with just my first name
>shown?
>
>I tried re-naming the log and generating a new cabrillo file from the
>re-named log.  However, the name information seems to be carried over from
>the old log.  I am not asked for my name and section again when creating
>the new cabrillo file and my first and last name again appear in the new
>cabrillo file.
>
>Any ideas?  Other than "think first then type."

You can edit the Cabrillo file directly using Notepad or any
other text editor.  Just be sure to save the changes as a plain
ASCII file (Notepad's default).  It's best to NOT use Word,
Wordperfect or any other full-fleged word processor program
unless you know how to save the text as ASCII, which is NOT their
default.

73, Bill W7TI